Lindsay A. Cronk
Head of Collection Strategies and Scholarly Communications – University of Rochester, River Campus Libraries, Rochester, NY (2017-Present)
- Structure and manage collection budget, provide monthly reporting and reconciliation for assessment and compliance purposes
- Implement collaborative collection development models to modernize and simplify collection processes
- Lead operational scholarly communications initiatives, co-founder and co-facilitator of Scholarly Communications Community
- Revitalize collection documentation- draft and implement Guiding Principles and Licensing Best Practices
- Operationalize organizational commitments to diversity, equity, inclusion, and access in collection development, assessment, and management
- Supervise Electronic Access, Collection Development, and Stacks Management Units
- Deliver collections services and activities in collaboration with Academic Engagement representatives
- Advocate open practices, provide expertise in campus discussions regarding affordability, publishing, and the research life cycle
- Serve as organizational lead in collective collections efforts with institutional partners including HathiTrust and the Eastern Academic Scholars Trust
- Support system upgrade to Alma, serve as staff Analytics Module expert
Coordinator of Online Resources and Collections – University of Houston Libraries, Houston, TX (2015 – 2017)
- Applied assessment, analytics, and User Experience methodology (UX) to improve collection services
- Coordinated with collections departments to assure timely acquisition, management, and discovery of library electronic resources
- Practiced collection visualization for assessment, integrate data visualization into existing collection workflows and processes
- Designed and published public and internal-facing collection data dashboards for subject liaisons, faculty members, and students
- Developed and implemented policies related to library collection development and management
- Maintained vendor relationships and vendor account information
- Leveraged institutional memberships and partnerships in collection development strategies
- Served on Chair Collection Retention Subcommittee
- Provided leadership and support for scholarly communications and research support activities, including Open Access initiatives, Omeka Implementation, and Authors’ Rights training
Membership Manager – LYRASIS, Atlanta, GA (2015)
- Supervised 2 FTE
- Served as LYRASIS eResource librarian for academic librarians, communicated pricing and licensing information to 1400+ academic libraries
- Provided member feedback and advocated for members to nearly 50 vendor partners
- Oversaw member engagement, including online training programs and licensed products and services
- Analyzed products and services portfolio, assessed consortial usage and return on investment
- Provided support and information for LYRASIS Open Source partnerships (ArchivesSpace, CollectionSpace)
Membership Coordinator – LYRASIS, Atlanta, GA (2013-2015)
- Supervised 1 FTE
- Supported eResource management for 1400+ academic libraries and more than 2000 academic librarians
- Coordinated communications and outreach around membership benefits, mainly licensed products and services
- Provided demos, workshops, online classes, and in-person training on digital services (ArchivesSpace, CollectionSpace, Islandora, etc.)
Member Services Specialist – LYRASIS, Atlanta, GA (2012-2013)
- Served as primary eResource support contact for Southern and Western region members
- Provided support and troubleshooting around issues of FTP transfer, proxy server/IP range updates, billing, and invoicing
- Created online training videos
- Developed online education curriculum around topics of member interest including LibGuides best practices, e-Resources management, RDA, and digitization services
Library Volunteer – Agnes Scott College, Decatur, GA (2011-2012)
- Staffed the Reference Desk and online reference to provide patrons with immediate research assistance
- Led interactive instruction sessions on research methods for students
- Vetted and investigated technology trends in libraries
Development Officer – Piedmont Park Conservancy, GA (2010-2012)
- Developed and cultivated grant and donor relationships
- Administered grant funds, provided development reporting
- Managed and oversaw development budget
EdS, Instructional Technology, Georgia Southern University, Statesboro, GA (2016)
MLIS, Technical Services, Valdosta State University, Valdosta, GA (2012)
BA, International Relations and Studio Art, Agnes Scott College, Decatur, GA (2006)
Study Abroad, 2004 – Hong Kong
Presentations and Workshops
- Capitulating or Capitalizing, Compromising or Combatting: What is Meaningful Discourse between Library and Vendor? with Ashley Krenelka Chase, Cris Ferguson, Rachel Fleming, Erin Luckett, and Kristin Twardowski. Charleston Conference, November 6, 2019.
- Documentation Worth Making, Values Worth Fighting For: A Vision for Next Generation Collection Policies with Anne Rauh and Kelly Durkin Ruth. Charleston Conference, November 7, 2019.
- Reframing the Relationship: Perspectives on Library-Vendor Partnerships with Allen Jones, Michael Rodriguez, and Rose Reynolds. Charleston Conference, November 8, 2019.
- Acquisitions Work: From Competencies to Competence (Continuing Education Webinar) with Rachel Fleming. Association for Library Collections & Technical Services, September 25, 2019.
- Envisioning Feminist Leadership (Keynote), American Association of University Women, May 9, 2019.
- Decoding the Scholarly Resources Marketplace (Neapolitan Session) with Rachel Fleming. Charleston Conference, November 8, 2018.
- “They Didn’t Teach This in Library School”: Identifying Core Knowledges for Beginning Acquisitions Librarians with Rachel Fleming. Charleston Conference, November 7, 2018.
- Managing Vendor Relationships, with Jason Chabok, Allen Jones, Michael Rodriguez, Christine Stamison, and Kimberly Steinle. Preconference, November 6, 2018.
- Possibilities for Collective Action (Webinar Panel), CRL eDesiderata Forum, October 18, 2018.
- Vendor Relationships: Build, Negotiate, Transform, ALCTS/LITA Panel, ALA Midwinter, February 11, 2018.
- When Change is a “New” Concept: Using Your Library’s Past to Manage Its Future, with Ashley Krenelka-Chase and Rachel Fleming, Charleston Conference, November 8, 2017.
- Database Stewardship: Better Processes from Trial to Renewal, with Jennifer Freer (Rochester Institute of Technology), RIT/UR Conference, June 15, 2017.
- ALCTS Panel, UX and eResources, ALA Annual Conference 2017, June 25, 2017.
- Collection Data Visualization, Workshop, Texas A&M, November 1, 2016.
- Collection Dashboards for Selectors, with Wenli Gao (UH). Charleston Conference, November 4, 2016.
- Rolling with the Punches…and Punching Back: The Millennial Librarians’ Approach to Library Budgets and Acquisitions, with Ashley Krenelka Chase, Ellen Frentzen, and Christine Weaver-PIeh (Neapolitan Session). Charleston Conference, November 3, 2016.
- Data Visualization from Scratch (Preconference). Charleston Conference, November 4, 2016.
- Crossing the Streams: Trialing and Investigating New Format Resources. Acquisitions Institute, May 16, 2016.
- COUNTER Point: Making the Most of Imperfect Data. ER&L, April 4, 2016.
- Organization and Collaboration with Trello (webinar). September 11, 2015
- MC and organizer, LYRASIS eGathering (unconference). May 20, 2015
- Panelist, Practical Outreach: Best Practices for Engaging Your Communit (panel). ALA Annual Conference, June 26, 2014.
- Library+: Free Technologies to Enhance User Experience. Georgia International Conference on Information Literacy, August 23, 2013.
- Brave New LibGuide (webinar). November 10, 2012.
- Library Leaders Panelist, LYRASIS eGathering (webinar panel). November 1, 2012.
- Brave New LibGuide: An Analytical Approach. Georgia COMO, October 5, 2012.
2017 Library Journal Mover & Shaker, Digital Developers
TRLN Management Academy
Cronk, Lindsay. “Resourcefully” (quarterly column). The Serials Librarian. 2020-2022.
Creech, Anna and Cronk, Lindsay. “Getting Started with Annual Review.” Sudden Selectors Guide to E-Resources Management. Edited by Galadriel Chilton and Michael Rodriguez. Washington: Pacific Press, 2020.
Cronk, Lindsay and Fleming, Rachel. “Beyond Library School: Surfacing Resource Needs for Acquisitions Workers.” Charleston Voices. Michigan: University of Michigan Press, 2019.
Cronk, Lindsay and Fleming, Rachel. “‘They Didn’t Teach This in Library School’: Identifying Core Knowledges for Beginning Acquisitions Librarians.” Against the Grain. 2018: Vol.30, issue 6.
Cronk, Lindsay. “Collaboration is the New Leadership: When to Lean In and Lean Back.” Millennial Leadership in Libraries. Edited by Ashley Krenelka Chase. New York: Hein, 2018.
Cronk, Lindsay and Getz, Kelli. “Let’s Get in Formation: Standardized Data Review for eResource Management,” Against the Grain. 2016: Volume 28, issue 4.
Cronk, Lindsay and Rodriguez, Michael. “User Experience and eResource Integration: A Conference Report on the 2015 LITA Forum,” Journal of Electronic Resources Librarianship. 2016: Volume 28, issue 2.
- Manager, Talent Management Team, University of Rochester, 2019-Present.
- Lead, Career Exploration in Libraries and Mentoring (CEILAM), UR, 2018-2020
- Member, Strategic Planning Team (SPT), UR, 2017-2018.
- Member, Mentoring Underrepresented Student Library Employees (MUSLE), UR, 2017-2018
- Member, Collection Management Committee (CMC), UH, 2015-2017
- Member, Electronic Resources Management Team (ERMT), UH, 2015-2017
- Member, Liaison Services Advisory Board (LSAB), UH, 2015-2017
- Chair, Retention Subcommittee (CMC), UH, 2016-2017
- Vice-Chair, Bylaws Committee, UH, 2016-2017
- Member, ER Workflow Taskforce (ERMT), UH, 2016-2017
- Member, Omeka Implementation Team, UH, 2016-2017
- Cougar Ally, University of Houston LGBTQ Resource Center
- Personal Access Liaison (PAL), UH PALS Program for first-year student success
- Facilitator, UH Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies Discussion Group
- Member, Core Steering Committee, 2019-2020
- Lead, Core Communications Working Group, 2019-2020
- Member, ALA Council, 2019-2022
- Member, Planning Committee, Acquisitions Institute, 2017-current
- Representative, HathiTrust, 2018-current
- Representative, Eastern Academic Scholars Trust (EAST), 2017-current
- Board Member, Library Information Technology Association (LITA), 2017-2020
- Member, Resource Sharing and Collections Management Taskforce, Greater Western Library Alliance, 2016-2017
- Editor, LITA Blog, American Library Association (ALA), 2016-2017
- Special Projects Manager, LITA Blog, ALA, 2015-2016
- Blogger, LITA, American Library Association, ALA, 2014-2016
- Web Coordinating Committee, LITA, ALA, 2016-2018
- Education Committee, LITA, ALA, 2015-2017
- Communications and Marketing Committee, LITA, ALA, 2015-2016
- Webmaster, New Members Roundtable, Texas Library Association (TLA), 2016-2017
- Secretary/Treasurer, New Members Roundtable, TLA, 2015-2016
- Conference Planning Committee, Texas Library Association (District 8), 2014-2015
- Committee Volunteer, American Library Association (LITA, LLAMA), 2014-2015
- Co-Chair, Atlanta Emerging Librarians, Georgia Library Association, 2012-2013
- ERM – Serials Solutions, CORAL
- Discovery- Summon, Primo, SFX
- ILS – Alma, Voyager, Sierra, Evergreen
- Digital Collection/Content Management- Drupal, Islandora, Omeka, WordPress
- Data Processing/Visualization- R, SPSS, Tableau, Gephi
- Other Library/Archives Software: ArchivesSpace, LibAnswers, RefWorks, EndNote, Zotero, LibGuides
- Operating Systems – Windows, Mac, Basic Unix
- Multimedia Software- Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design, Final Cut Pro, Windows Movie Maker, iPhoto, iMovie, iTunes, Audacity
- Productivity Software: Sharepoint (previous admin), Trello, Basecamp, MS Office (including Access), Google Docs
American Library Association (LITA/ALCTS)
New York Library Association